- makes child birth very difficult and painful for women
- might lead to complications that might get her and/or her baby killed during childbirth
- might make a woman frigid
- makes sex painful and unenjoyable to women
- leads to the death of the victims of circumcision
- is a common place for infection to start
- is a violation of her fundamental human rights
The awareness is still going in some place in Africa because we still have people set in their ways of getting a girl-child circumcised. I read somewhere that a Nigerian couple had that performed on their girl-child abroad by inviting someone from Nigeria to do it (NDQ told the story). I wonder why we still struggle to get this practise eradicated by now. It boils down to the fact that there are people out there that aren't listening. They really have to, before they destroy a life or more lives...